The 12-storey building project will be let on a single-stage design and build basis with the University hoping to make an award in January to start work in February 2022.
Designs by architect Feilden Clegg Bradley Studios and MEP consultant Buro Happold have been developed to RIBA Design Stage 4. These are targeting a top BREEAM rating of ‘Outstanding’.
Photovoltaic panels cover the angled roof, producing renewable power and a high performing façade will manage heat and light.
Once complete in 2024, the building will house the Faculty of Business & Law and part of the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences.
Accommodation will also include a ground floor café and event space and restaurant on the top floor with roof terrace.
New academic building facilities
- 250-seat and 500-seat lecture theatres
- Two 150-seat flat classrooms
- Court room, laboratories and a video production suite
- Ground floor events and exhibition space
- Offices and meeting rooms
- Roof terrace and sky restaurant
To express an interest in bidding click here.