More than 200 drivers employed by the company had overwhelmingly voted for industrial action in a dispute over pay which threatened to intensify industry cement shortages.
A new pay and conditions offer has now been accepted by the drivers following negotiations led by Unite.
Drivers will get:
- A 2.75 % increase on all pay rates and allowances backdated to 1 January 2021
- A 3.25 % increase on all pay rates and allowances to be paid from 1 January 2022
- An increase in the overnight allowance to £42 per night from 1 October 2021
- A commitment to transform bank holiday working, with drivers informed in advance and volunteers used where possible
- Mental health awareness delivered jointly by Hanson management and Unite shop stewards to be concluded by first quarter of 2022
- A joint working agreement between Hanson and Unite including joint training from April 2022
- Management to share fleet replacement programme with drivers
Unite general secretary Sharon Graham said: “Our members at Hanson have demonstrated that by standing together they have secured significant improvements on pay and conditions.
“That is an example to all our union members. All employers also have to