Dubbed ‘The Lighthouse’ the 213m tall building would be the tallest of a five-building cluster marking phase 3 of its Great Jackson Street masterplan.
Located on plot D of the site, the tower incorporates 642 flats, with shared amenities including a sky pool, yoga studio, lounge, co-working spaces and a gym. The top floor will be fitted out with a public restaurant boasting views across the city skyline.
The tower’s curtain walling will feature a chequerboard pattern created with alternating panels of clear glazing and solid aluminium panels with a perforated aluminium finish.
The other planned quartet of buildings on Crown Street are of similar design sitting on two-storey podiums around a public square with one pair rising to 51 storeys and the other to 47 storeys.
Designed by SimpsonHaugh Architects, the residential buildings will provide nearly 2,400 homes.
Story so far on Manchester’s foremost high-rise cluster
Great Jackson Street Framework area.
4,000 new homes completed or currently under construction
- Deansgate Square: 1,508 apartments across four towers, ranging from 38 – 64 storeys in height.
- Elizabeth Tower Crown Street Phase 1: 484 apartments in 52-storey tower.
- Victoria Residence Crown Street Phase 1: 180 apartments in a 21-storey tower.
- Crown Street Phase 2: Blade and Three60, which is under construction, delivering 855 flats in 51 and 52-storey towers.
Other schemes being brought forward
- Plot F Great Jackson Street is scheduled to start on site in Q2 2023: 988 apartments across two 51-storey residential buildings.
- Plot H, Great Jackson Street Framework: a 28-storey purpose-built student accommodation building, granted in May 2022.
- Plot G: 56 storey tall residential buildings comprising 1,037 apartments and a ground floor commercial unit, pending decision.
- Bridgewater House, Great Jackson Street: restoration and conversion of the Grade II listed Bridgewater House to provide 53 flats, pending decision.