To showcase the next stream of package work opportunities due out this summer, HS2 and its main contractors are inviting firms to the event being held in Manchester or online for those unable to attend.
The ‘Meet the Contractor’ event is designed to help businesses understand how to get ‘HS2-ready’ so they are in the best possible position to bid for upcoming work.
Civils & Stations work streams
- Urban realm (incl. earthworks, minor civils, roads, landscaping, trees)
- Station fit-out (incl. structural steel, cladding, flooring, ceilings, painting, signage)
- Drainage works and associated materials (e.g. precast concrete drainage and plastic drainage pipes)
- Highways works and associated ancillary packages (e.g. surfacing, kerbing / paving, road signs, gantrys, VRS)
- External works (e.g. landscaping, fencing, drainage, civils, formwork, reinforcement and concrete)
- General procurement (materials, plant, consumables, innovation, sustainability)
- Buildings & Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) (incl. Precast Panels, cladding, flooring, ceilings)
Ruth Todd, HS2’s chief commercial officer said: “Thousands of UK businesses are already helping to bring the HS2 network to life, and this latest round of contract opportunities opens the door for hundreds more to join them.
“This is a standout opportunity for UK businesses looking to expand their order books and I’d encourage them to register quickly for the chance to discuss what’s on offer.”
Meet the Contractor event details
HS2 is hosting two in-person events at the Midland Hotel in Manchester on Monday 10th to focus on upcoming contract opportunities with HS2’s stations and civils contractors.
Places are limited and advance registration is required by 5pm on Friday 23 June. To secure a place, visit hs2.org.uk/MTC23.
A series of online events will also be held for those unable to attend in-person. The online programme includes events on:
- Tuesday 4th July – Spotlight on Health and Safety
- Wednesday 5th July – Spotlight on Driving Improved Environment and Social Impacts
- Wednesday 12th July – Spotlight on Innovation