What will you be responsible for?
As a Design Manager, you'll be working within the Eastern and Midlands team, supporting them in delivering a DFE project.
Your day to day will include:
- Manage the design process during the pre-construction and as required, the construction phase.
- Interrogation of enquiry documents, in the form of an Employer's Requirements.
- Production of a Contractor's Proposal document in liaison with other internal departments.
- Manage our design process via external consultants.
- Drive innovative and cost effective solutions into the design.
- Progress design issues within a strict timescale & ensure designers meet information delivery dates.
- Attend tender launch /tender adjudication and launch meetings as required.
What are we looking for?
This role of Design Manager is great for you if:
- Experience of delivering high value, complex design work from the main contractor perspective.
- Ability to organise, plan, programme and manage workloads.
- Understanding of Building Regulations and Planning Permission procedures.
- Commercial awareness.
- Understanding of different Client procurement routes.
- Experience of site/contract procedures would be an advantage
We're all about finding potential here at Kier, and transferrable skills are always welcome! So, even if you don't tick every box, please apply and we can have a chat.
To apply online before February 29 click here.
Rewards and benefits
We're proud to be able to offer our brilliant people a wide variety of benefits that you can tailor to your needs. You can see more information of benefits here.
Diversity and inclusion
Making Kier a diverse and inclusive place to work is a huge priority for us. We're proud of the steps we've taken so far, but we know we must always do more. Our employees are key in shaping Kier's diversity and inclusion initiatives and our people have made a huge impact on how we work, by using their experiences to shape our policies. You can see our D&I action plan here.
We look forward to seeing your application to join the #constructionrevolution #joinkier