Lighthouse (IDMH Limited) operates one of the UK’s most state-of-the-art modular home factories and are actively recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team. The company’s main manufacturing facility is in Sheffield, with a satellite office in Warrington and London.
Lighthouse is building a reputation for imaginative design and build quality, with a growing portfolio of prestigious clients within the residential sector. Striving to do things differently and be disruptive within the industry; Lighthouse has a focus on technology, innovation, excellence, sustainability, and a desire to be unique to its competitors.
Lighthouse requires a Quantity Surveyor with a proactive personality that continually strives for improvement and seeks value for money in all tasks undertaken. The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for the Commercial Management of Tender enquires and Project Costs with all elements in between. They will be a key stakeholder within a fast-paced, growing team that are involved in a variety of projects with differing client requirements.
- Experience in Construction, preferably within Offsite
- Ability to follow technical specifications, with strong attention to detail.
- Effective verbal communication skills to promote the Company whilst leading and motivating teams.
- Well-developed written communication skills to produce detailed and concise cost reports.
- Excellent negotiating skills required to negotiate costs with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Commercially aware of construction Contracts.
- Risk & opportunity management
- The ability to prioritise works to achieve key project milestones.
- Commitment to learn and develop new skills.
- IT literate with sound knowledge of Microsoft Office and other role-related software.
- To be self-driven and is target driven.
- Estimation / Pre-Contract
- Formulate Contract sums and Tender Submissions
- Calculate material quantities.
- Identify Commercial project risks and opportunities.
- Overhead and Profit requirements and calculations
- Produce Cash Flow Profiles
- Produce Scope of Works for each package, consultants, and contactors.
- Defining Project specific Terms and Conditions
- Post Contract / Cost Management
- Act as day to day lead on projects, providing service delivery, demonstrating your role as a key stakeholder and first point of contact.
- A track record in managing all costs relating to projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures.
- Analyse and negotiate the tender returns and recommend a package placement for each and then to incorporate the recommended package price into the CVR. Whilst ensuring Tender returns cover scope requirements and offer value for money.
- Monitor costs at all build stages. Including factory, site, and other chargeable project costs.
- Value Variations / Change Orders and issue Instructions accordingly.
- Conduct Valuations and Vesting for works undertaken.
- Formulate Cost to Complete, identifying Project Risks & Opportunities
- Manage subcontractor invoices, for accuracy, approval, payless notices, for them to be processed by Finance Dept.
- Continually aim to minimise project costs and enhance value for money, whilst ensuring that standards and quality requirements are met.
- Externals Management
- Manage disputes with Sub-Contractors with regard to Valuations / payless notices.
- Lead on Sub-Contractors and Supply Chain Scoring Matrix’s, ensuring that sub-standard performance is identified and remedied.
- Develop key Client and Key Accounts relationships, whilst widening and creating new relationships.
- Working Relationships – Internal
- Operation Functions; Project Management / Site Operation Teams / Finance / Design / Production / Quality / H&S / Sales Customer Care/ Purchasing.
- Group functions; IT / HR
- Working Relationships – External
- Necessary to have good relationships with the following;
- Cost Control
- Assisting or Production of Tenders
- Developing and Monitoring CVR’s, with updates to be tabled to stakeholders at regular intervals.
- Monitor preliminaries against budget.
- Monitor Variation Orders (VOs) and Contra Charges by the SMs
- Develop estimating tools and software to create quick and accurate estimates.
- Additional Requirements
- Commitment to ensuring best practice within the organisation with a strong focus on Health & Safety of all personnel.
- Have a proactive approach to identifying areas for improvement.
- Business and Customer awareness
- Achievement Focus mindset
- Assist with Company development and growth.
- A competitive salary
- 23 days Holiday per annum (excluding bank holidays) & birthday day off
- Wellbeing days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Amazon Audible subscription
- Opportunity to help shape the future of a company who are making exciting advancements in the modular construction sector.
- Free onsite car parking in Sheffield
- Great working environment
So, if you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to work with an innovative and growing team, email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a copy of your CV. We’ll then be in touch about next steps. Join us and help build the future.
Applicants must be authorised to work in the UK. We are not able to offer sponsorship at this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.