The stadium is part of an overall £26m development project and will be home to rugby league’s Salford City Reds.
Buckingham won the site remediation and preparation works contract at the Barton Stadium site which are now almost complete.
The client on the new 12,000 capacity Community Stadium is a Salford City Council and Peel Holdings Joint Venture Company.
The whole project brings 45 acres of derelict land back into use for the community.
The new Community Sports Stadium supports Salford Reds’ Super League status and will be ready in time for the 2012 Super League Season.
The City of Salford Community Stadium Development includes the following works:
* Construction of a 12,000 capacity stadium with 4 stands, designed for phased future expansion
* Main stand comprising concessions and community resources, player facilities, club match day facilities, banqueting and conferencing space, executive boxes, club offices, kitchen and pantry and media and control rooms.
* Two community outdoor pitches; one grass and one artificial
* Community changing facility
* Parking spaces (600 cars and circa 20 coaches)
* A new access route via Liverpool Road
Director of Buckingham Group; Tim Brown said: “We are extremely delighted to have been awarded the the City of Salford Community Stadium construction works.
“Not only will this exciting new development benefit the people of Salford, it is a significant boost for the Salford Reds and its fans as they begin their campaign for a new Super League Licence.
“The Buckingham Group Team looks forward to continuing our excellent working relationships established with the client during the remediation and preparation works at the site.
“We will work in genuine partnership with Salford City Council and Peel Holdings JVC to deliver this high-profile and exciting development on time and within budget. ”