Brent Council has granted consent for the next phase of development located opposite Wembley Arena and bordering the new Brent civic centre.
Wembley City North West neighbourhood will deliver 1,300 new homes, shops and affordable workspace as well as leisure facilities and open spaces.
The development’s focal point will be a one-acre publicly accessible square, located behind the civic centre.
Currently under construction, the civic centre is set to open in June 2013.
Quintain’s commercial development director, Ben Giddens said: “Our vision for Wembley City is to create a place where people want to live, shop, work and spend leisure time. This vision is now a step closer to reality.
“By delivering modern homes and workspaces and bringing brand names back to Brent, people will be drawn to Wembley City – not just on a match day but every day of the week.
Quintain has already completed the development of 520 new homes at Wembley City, the refurbishment of Wembley Arena and the delivery of Arena Square.
Work continues on the new 361 bedroom Hilton Hotel and the 660 bedroom student accommodation, which will open in summer and autumn 2012 respectively.
It plans to start construction of the new cinema and the London designer outlet centre later this year.
- Up to 1,300 dwellings
- Mixture of tenure and housing type
- Townhouses / maisonettes where housing is provided at ground and courtyard level
- 7,500 – 25,000 sq m of student, serviced apartments and/or apart-hotels
- 5,000 – 20,000 sq m of hotel space
Wembley City North West
Retail 17,000 – 30,000 sq m – New retail street, “West Olympic Way”, running parallel to Olympic Way
Leisure – up to 5,000 sq m
Business – up to 25,000 sq m
- Wide ranging employment opportunities, from start up premises to head quarter office buildings. Including affordable workspace for start up businesses and artists studios
Employment / Community Space 1,500 – 3,000 sq m