Manchester Airport Group said it hoped to start preparatory work on the site within weeks.
The business park plans on scrub land near the M56 and Woodhouse Park in Wythenshawe include a mix of office space, hotels and manufacturing centres.
• 1.2m sq ft of offices
• 530,000 sq ft of advanced manufacturing space
• Around 1,300 hotel beds
• 62,000 sq ft of ancillary retail
• Extensive new public realm and open-space, including a 13 acre central park area
• New multi storey car parking spaces and cycle spaces
• A wide landscaped ‘green bridge’ over the M56 spur road to provide pedestrian access and a new iconic gateway
Airport City director John Atkins said: “The planning approval is a major milestone, underlining the progress made in the last 12 months and enables us to progress to the delivery stage in 2013, driving forward opportunities to attract investment and create jobs.”