This new contract, which has been awarded by Coventry and Warwickshire Development Partnership – a company wholly owned by key client Segro – takes the value of works to around £140m.
Gateway South, Coventry will be constructed on a 450-acre site adjacent to Coventry Airport and will ultimately provide 3.7m sq ft of logistics space.
The works have just commenced and will be delivered over the next three years.
Buckingham Group had previously secured the first phase Whitley South infrastructure project which includes a new road bridge over the A45 dual carriageway.
Gateway South Coventry infrastructure and remediation contract
- An adoptable access road of some 35,000 m2
- 6,000,000 m3 of earthworks plus, demolition, remediation and reclamation
- Screening bunds
- Site spine road
- Access road to a rugby club
- Emergency access road
- Storm drainage system and associated attenuation and outfalls
- Foul drainage system
- Diversion of existing and provision of new utilities
- Boundary treatments and accommodations works
- Provision of new ecological habitats and a new 230-acre country park