We are currently looking for an Operations Manager to join our Street Lighting team on-site in Gloucester. This is a key role for us, where you will oversee the operations and management sector of the contract to ensure quality, safety, profitability, client satisfaction and compliance with the quality and safety plan.
- Lead and manage the site teams to deliver their job purpose and to monitor their performance
- Manage the resourcing of a varying project workload
- Monitor and maintain programme(s) to ensure work is on schedule
- Adhere to established systems to ensure conformity to appropriate standards
- Ensure that all project KPIs are met under the performance standards of the contract
- Assist in the preparation of tender submissions
- Forecast projects with commercial team
- Participate in internal management meetings and delegate work
- Develop relationships within Skanska and with outside parties that will contribute to the success of the project and the Company
- Ensure effective management of sub-contractors and suppliers
- Agree set and monitor performance objectives in terms of time, cost, safety, quality programme
- Provide training, development and encouragement to staff to ensure all contracts are resourced with sufficient staff
- Seek opportunities for strategic growth within the project by the way of business improvement
We’re looking for:
- Trade qualification or degree 236/1/2 2391 or HNC
- Significant experience in a management role in Street Lighting
- Capable of setting up and running contracts up to £5M
- Track record of profitable contracts delivered to a high level of quality safety and client satisfaction
- Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Health & Safety legislation
- Experience in leading staff with confidence and judgement ensuring that they work as an effective/efficient team, offering positive and flexible leadership and inspiring, encouraging, motivating and supporting staff to deliver excellent results.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Our infrastructure services team delivers projects that maintain and enhance the built environment. Part of that is our work to operate, maintain and improve large parts of the UK road network. Whether you’re involved in frontline operational work, design, project management or office-based services, every day you’ll be helping to improve the lives of millions of people.
To apply online click here.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us on email@example.com if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.