Our UK-wide building team has built a reputation for high quality offices in Commercial and Mixed-used developments, Healthcare, Custodial, Defence, and Education. Our award-winning projects include 52 Lime Street, 30 St Mary Axe, Bristol Schools, St Bartholomew and the Royal London Hospitals to name a few.
To build on our success we are now looking to recruit an experienced Senior Design Manager to manage the design process for one or more of our Bristol based projects. This is a key role where you will oversee projects from enquiry, to submission of tenders and thereafter the management of all design related issues through to completion.
- Interrogate design brief and tender information, identify and manage the design risks, identify and manage opportunities.
- Co-ordinate the completion and maintenance of a design management plan in conjunction with the overall construction programme.
- Manage the flow of information in conjunction with document controller, whilst ensuring the maintenance of all records.
- Participate in value engineering and construction methodology reviews. Ensure all responsibilities under CDM legislation are identified, assigned and maintained.
- Ensure that project design complies with the brief, contract, employer’s requirements, building control, and where appropriate, Town Planning legislation and Conditions.
- Manage the interface between the Client, design team, project construction team and specialist sub-contractor design teams.
- Represent the company at meetings, ensure records are kept.
- Review and inspect subcontractor design and production facilities.
- Actively instigate and promote production methods which will assist safe and effective construction on site.
We're looking for
- Experienced of working as a project based design manager with a main contractor.
- Experience of working on a variety of Building Projects i.e Education and Commercial/Mixed-use
- Understanding of BIM in design and construction phases.
- Ability to interrogate construction detailing/ building methodology
- Experience of managing a team.
- Preferable to hold relevant professional qualification in a related subject.
We thrive through embracing differences because we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Please note this is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at anytime at the sole discretion of Skanska.
For a full role profile or if you would like to contact me directly to have a confidential discussion please email Paramjit.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply online click here.