Formed in 1997, ACS Construction Group Ltd is a leading Civil Engineering & Building Contractor; we deliver the complete construction solution through our five dedicated business divisions: ACS Construction, ACS Developments, ACS Contracting, ACS Energy and ACS Groundworks.
ACS is a people-first business. We work hard, invest in our people and treat them well. In return, our team has a strong work ethic and does whatever it takes to deliver projects that exceed our clients’ expectations.
We are continuing to grow, and as a result are looking for a senior estimator to support us to reach our ambitions.
The group provides several services to a variety of sectors including the energy and renewable energy sectors, education, commercial/industrial, government, utilities/infrastructure and leisure.
We have an enviable reputation of providing safe and responsible building and civil engineering services, achieving project completion within budget and to the highest standards of quality.
Based in our Cheadle office, the successful candidate will be responsible for producing detailed and competitive tenders and delivering these against specific deadlines.
The job holder will be required to work with the commercial team to produce estimates and cost plans on projects ranging in value from £50k to £10m and will assist in all aspects of work winning relating to the project.
The candidate should have experience of pre and post-tender negotiations with clients and key stakeholders.
Regular co-operation with planners, design managers, contract managers, consultants and our suppliers to offer innovative solutions and tender proposals.
Candidates should have a ‘can-do’ attitude and must have at least 5+ years’ experience in a similar role winning work.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Experience of digital take off software / measuring.
Candidates should be educated to a minimum of ONC/D level and/or degree level in a relevant construction subject.
Candidates should be highly proficient with MS Office applications, good organisational skills and an ability to form excellent working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Experience of estimating within civil engineering and groundworks sectors is essential. Experience within the energy sector (substations etc) would be desirable but not essential.
Experience of working with Evaluate estimating software would be an advantage, but experience of using estimating software generally is essential.
Knowledge of Eque2 would be advantageous.
Salary – £55,000+ DOE
Annual Leave – 25 days plus BH
A consistently high performing Company, ACS' growth is due to a strong order book and pipeline in a number of new emerging sectors. Holding a range of accreditations, including the prestigious Investors in People Gold award, ACS is committed to training and developing our staff.
Quality, safety, customer satisfaction and professionalism are important core values that the company is built on. This is a great opportunity to join an ever-growing company.
- Expert in civil engineering and construction quantification using specialist software.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of the resources required to prepare an estimate.
- Detailed understanding of civil engineering and construction techniques.
- An awareness of the health and safety implications of different construction methods.
- Knowledge of construction contract formation
- Contribute and produce a contractor’s proposal document
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
- Preparation of estimates using a specialist software package.
Training will be provided to gain CSCS accreditation. This will allow the post holder permission to visit sites.
- Management of enquiries to supply chain using estimating software and email
- Preparation, collection and analysis of tenders to facilitate supply chain comparisons and reconciliations.
- Site visits to assess logistical and technical constraints.
- The abstraction of details from tender documents for internal reporting.
- Preparation of prime cost estimates.
- Meet clients and represent the company
- Management of Eque2 software and estimating processes.
- Monitoring and recording cost data.
- Ensure proper records are kept. Ensure compliance with the company’s internal management systems.
JOB SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of ONC/D in Construction or civil engineering related discipline
- Computer proficiency - Advanced.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Team player
To apply or for more information, please contact Matt Cummings on firstname.lastname@example.org