Skanska currently have a vacancy for a Regional Commercial Director to support commercial operations of our London, South East and South West hard facilities services contracts (MOD, City of London Corporation, Bristol Schools, Essex Schools, Kent, Woking and Somerset County Councils).
- Liaise closely with operational and financial management to ensure transparency of reporting of the cost and value bases.
- Advise on all commercial aspects of the interface between the company and its’ clients, working closely with the Operations Directors.
- Lead the management of risks, opportunities, costs and values associated with agreeing the client contractual requirements.
- Support the Commercial Director in preparation for the quarterly reviews.
- Provide leadership, development and direction for the commercial teams across FS
- Lead and manage all commercial and contractual aspects on all FS contracts within sphere of responsibility in line with the Skanska UK policies and procedures and the requirements of the Skanska ‘Our Way of Working’ (OWOW).
- Ensure that the gross income is maximised on all FS contracts within sphere of responsibility whilst actively promoting an out-perform mind-set, utilising Profit Improvement Plans.
- Interpret results and statistics and actively advise and intervene as necessary.
- Ensure that the commercial and contractual interest of the company are managed and protected at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring the commercial team deliver on the business plan objectives.
- Be involved in operational aspects of the role such as working on CVRs, with the potential to step up to a more strategic level in the future.
- Be based either in London (the City) or Maple Cross (Hertfordshire),
- Report to Commercial Director, have 3 direct reports and work in a commercial team of 12
We’re looking for:
- Previous experience in a Senior commercial role, ideally in the Construction/Technical services/Energy sectors, however, other sector background will be considered
- Excellent commercial and contractual acumen
- Previous experience with CVR Forecasting and Reporting, Risk and Opportunity Management frameworks, process and techniques.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Effective leadership of people
- Potential to become a successor to our Operational Unit Commercial Director and Managing Director
- RICS accreditation is desirable but not essential
Our facilities management team provides solutions to a wide range of both private and public sector clients. Working together to deliver outstanding results for customers and communities, our work covers all areas of facilities services from project management and compliance to assets, estates and energy management.
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
To apply online click here